Super Street Fighter IV has dropped and the majority of us already own the game and have been playing pretty frequently. Since this is a new game with all new elements and characters, I'm going suggest we not add vanilla Street Fighter IV's ranbat points with this game's ranbat points. If you guys feel any differently, feel free to speak up and say so.
With that out of the way, we can get to the heart of the matter.
Start Date: May 23, 2010
1. No character is off limits. To encourage players to use new characters, for this particular tournament only, an extra 5 points will be awarded to players who use a character who is new to the SFIV series (Juri, Hakan, Dudley, Ibuki, Makoto, DeeJay, T. Hawk, Cody, Guy, and Adon ONLY). No extra points will be awarded for using a returning character's new ultra. The 5 points will only be added to your total and not for each individual match won/lost. To earn the 5 points, you must win at least 1 of the necessary 2 sets with said new characters.
2. Each match must be played within a week. If players have issues concerning connection, scheduling or otherwise, they are to notify me and their opponent before the week is up. If the week has passed without the match being played, the appropriate player will be moved to losers bracket and then eliminated (those who made an effort to play their matches and notify me will not be penalized). No make up matches will be allowed to ensure continuity of the tournament.
3. All matches will be best of 5 rounds, with each player needing to win 2 out of a possible 3 sets. If a draw game happens, players will play a sudden death match in a best of 3 rounds setting.
4. All entrants must register before May 22, the day before the tournament is set to begin. If you have to drop from the tournament, let me know before the tournament's start date. There are no limitations on entrants and all match ups will be randomized using Tournament Maker.
TEAM BATTLE RULES:
1. Teams will be limited to two members, to allow many teams instead of a couple of big teams. New characters are encouraged, though no added bonus points will be awarded for using them in Team Battles.
2. Each match will be best of 5 rounds, one set only, single elimination rules apply.
3. You may name your team whatever you wish or a default team number will be assigned to you.
4. Each team battle victory will net each team member an additional point in the ranbat rankings. Individual victories do not count towards additional points.
SAVING YOUR REPLAYS:
This isn't a requirement, but I would like if you guys could save your replays of your matches. If you don't feel like doing it, that's cool, but it would help catalog the progress of these tournaments and the players in them. To save your replays from any online match:
1. Go to the Replay Channel.
2. Go to "Battle Log."
3. Find the match you played and watch it. During the match, if you don't want to sit through it all, you can press start and choose "Save Replay and Exit." Choosing this option will take you out of the replay and take you to "My List."
4. You will be asked to name your replay. Ranbat1 Match1 or whatever you want to name it is fine.
Participants - Round - Deadline