Forums | Destructoid | Tomopop | Japanator | Flixist | LUMP
Page 565 of 565 FirstFirst ... 65 465 515 555 561 562 563 564 565
Results 11,281 to 11,294 of 11294

Thread: Community Discourse

Quote Originally Posted by Nihil View Post
    Well, like I've said before, some people can't handle straight shooters like us, whether we're just fucking around or legit criticisms. Some staff included. Obviously some of them like to stay in their self-assured bubble, some of them are just doing good work up there and don't have the time to get involved here. It's a lot to take in for anyone new.
    Yeah, but to be fair, we also have some reactionaries who don't make things any easier.

14,752 posts since Oct 2011

Quote Originally Posted by The Defenestrator View Post
    Well, Vikki seemed nice but I think we scared her off when the Stevil/Glowie shit went down. ��

99% of the staff would be treated very well if they decided to make this a regular stop.

>shrug emotion
    Vikki is still nice.

Niero should have a vote for mods

Quote Originally Posted by GlowBear View Post
    Vikki is still nice.
    Didn't mean to suggest otherwise but we got pretty heated when you and Stevil got the boot.

Yeah, but to be fair, we also have some reactionaries who don't make things any easier.
    That's super true as well, yeah.

Opium's jimmies getting rustled makes me think I'm doing something wrong by being so nonchalant about this. I think I've only disagreed with an argument he's made a maximum of two times. The rest of the time it's like all my cynical thoughts are being vocalized by an angry German, which is exactly the voice you want for everyone to go "oh shit!" and sit up straight. Idk that's just a funny racial visual I wish I could make a WKYK skit about, cause I'm usually the guy that doesn't say shit unless it needs to be said.

I've made my stance pretty clear about how I feel about still being here. But Niero going ahead with this like he did almost feels like a minor offense to me, compared to what I thought he would eventually do, which is get rid of the forums altogether, leaving us with just commenting and cblogs. That's the way I look at it. And maybe it's because I have a plan b and c that I'm not as riled up over the changes, but technically nothings really changed. It's like the forum integration thing; a neat idea that was executed poorly. Shit like this has happened before and it'll probably happen again. Ive kinda just accepted that's how Niero runs this place. Kinks can be worked out... Unfortunately, I probably won't be one to help with them, especially being handicapped right now. Not like ive been doing as much as the other mods anyway.

Maybe I should take time to mull shit over too.

14,752 posts since Oct 2011

Didn't mean to suggest otherwise but we got pretty heated when you and Stevil got the boot.
    I know you didn't

She might hopefully pop back in here.

mrandydixon is online now This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums.
    5,595 posts since Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil View Post
    Niero going ahead with this like he did almost feels like a minor offense to me, compared to what I thought he would eventually do, which is get rid of the forums altogether, leaving us with just commenting and cblogs. That's the way I look at it. And maybe it's because I have a plan b and c that I'm not as riled up over the changes, but technically nothings really changed. It's like the forum integration thing; a neat idea that was executed poorly. Shit like this has happened before and it'll probably happen again. Ive kinda just accepted that's how Niero runs this place. Kinks can be worked out...
    Pretty much this. IMO, people's concerns seem to be focused mostly on what COULD have been instead of what is: which is that the forums got a name change, and the guy who runs the place is actively taking interest in it for the first time in a while in an attempt to increase exposure. Y'all complain about a lack of staff interest? Here's the head of staff, down here every day, trying to make up for lost time. I, for one, am thankful for that.

Other than the kinks that are still being worked out (mod/admin stuff, mostly), things seem to be working pretty smoothly, and aside from the lack of initial communication, things seem fine down here to me. *shrugs*

Well, I, for one, am fed up and I'm not going to take it anymore.

ATTICA! ATTICA! ATTICA!

mrandydixon is online now This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums.
    5,595 posts since Aug 2010
    Just so I'm clear, I'm not trying to minimize anyone else's concerns here. I'm just stating that, from where I am sitting (which is the same place as all of you), I see forums that have a new name and a different look but the same people and content. The only difference is that Niero has taken an interest again, and while it's been a little rocky, I see good intentions and a bright future. /optimist

I am not being serious about basically anything, as per usual. It's fine. The road map could be clearer but it's okay.

People have brought up some good points, but I've been okay with it since it was explained it was just a domain change *shrug*

5,562 posts since Nov 2007

Quote Originally Posted by mrandydixon View Post
    Pretty much this. IMO, people's concerns seem to be focused mostly on what COULD have been instead of what is: which is that the forums got a name change, and the guy who runs the place is actively taking interest in it for the first time in a while in an attempt to increase exposure. Y'all complain about a lack of staff interest? Here's the head of staff, down here every day, trying to make up for lost time. I, for one, am thankful for that.

Other than the kinks that are still being worked out (mod/admin stuff, mostly), things seem to be working pretty smoothly, and aside from the lack of initial communication, things seem fine down here to me. *shrugs*
    Don't be so ready to trust the Nieroseses. He is schemingseses.

He wants to take the precsssshhious.

5,880 posts since Mar 2014

He don't get none of MY whisky. Rascal.

I'm mostly just salty because all of my time spent making those themes has mostly gone to waste. I can still remember how to make them, I guess, but I can't do anything until we get our admin rights back--which I hope is the plan. Having to work through time zones is just suffering. When I want to do stuff and send off an email, I have to wait a good few hours at least before I see any movement. It's just crap being handicapped like this.

perfect timing

sorry for your loss, bright...
    also: op's last post made me sad...